The last week of the transfer came and went just as quickly as the rest. This transfer I got to go to the temple and more recently shake hands with an Apostle of God. Elder Anderson came to the England, London mission for a conference with us and I am so blessed he was there to teach and edify us. One thing he really hammered home on was the doctrine of the immortal soul and the power of the scriptures. I loved everything him and his wife had to say. One of the things I really loved was the admiration they equally shared for each other. It was so awesome to watch as they talked about each other. All in all I loved the whole experience. Then we had stake conference the next day where I was able to hear from a member of the seventy. Elder Aidukaitis. He emphasized God's plan for us and how marvelous he is in preparing for our return to Him. He talked about the goodness of God for organizing a kingdom that passeth all comprehension for those who don't even decide to accept Christ here on this earth. By choosing to follow Him in our first estate we are permitted into the telestial kingdom. But as we take care of our second estate and follow Christ then we can become celestial and live with God again.
Monday, March 17, 2025
Kingston
But the week is over and my time in Newbury is far spent. There is little remaining, "if I wanted to stop longer I should've come sooner." That has been the saying for everywhere we go. A ward member here loves saying it and I've adopted it. But I received word yesterday that I'm moving to Kingston. We still have friends here that need your prayers! Pray for my friends in Newbury! Three of them are on their way to making a covenant with out Heavenly Father and one of them has been asking for weeks, but due to his handicap it's taking longer to sort out. I love them so please continue to pray for them even while I have to go. I'm going to miss this ward, I truly should've come sooner. They are amazing! But one chapter closed and on to the next. See you there!
Love you all
Elder Hixon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment