This Sunday we had 2 friends come to church but we are going to focus on one. His name is Luke and he's from South Africa. He's super awesome and pretty much golden. He called the family proclamation, "A righteous declaration" and loved church especially with our stake president speaking. ALSO thank you Mom and Dad for all the things you made me memorize including the family proclamation. It is so nice to be able to know what is exactly in it so I can apply it to lessons about modern day revelation. The Living Christ I use in the high street all the time to explain our beliefs of God and Christ, so also a huge shout out to you guys!
My personal studies have ramped up considerably since President Anderson came to visit.
Right now I read the Book of Mormon for 29 minutes, then Preach my Gospel for 29 minutes then 2 minutes of Psalms and it has completely blessed my days. I'm grateful for the spirit that Apostles of God bring when they speak and teach that gives us revelation and insight. I'm also grateful for siblings that can plant ideas into my mind for the spirit to bring to the front. My brother Simon was the one who told me that I only need to study Preach my Gospel and the Book of Mormon to have an understanding of Jesus Christ's Gospel and it has been an awesome experience. I study psalms at the end because I get a little fired up when I read things that I could use to fight back with people who bash me in the street. But I know I shouldn't feed into that spirit so reading a Psalm has helped me cool off for the day haha!
I got a chance to talk to Elder Lewis briefly last week when we found out we were in the same flat and we both agreed that this is the transfer for all the gains. Spiritual and physically bulk up to be able to defend our testimonies.
I'm so happy to be here and grateful for another week!
Love you all
Elder Hixon
P.S. Also! Rodney my friend with cerebral palsy is meeting with President this week! I spent 3 months teaching him and he came to church every week. He is going to be baptized soon and I'm so excited!!! Pray for Beverly and Lewis they are a wonderful family in Newbury as well that just started going to church. Another miracle! Elder Park cooks GOOD food! It's amazing and he cooks lunch and dinner for me!




No comments:
Post a Comment