Monday, December 2, 2024

I'm Ready to Get Off This Island

What a week! As of right now I am writing this letter in Newbury! We will talk about it later.


This scene in Hercules feels he is ready to leave training and go out and do. I feel everyone reaches that point. I reached that point and then moved missions so I got put back into training hahaha. So I am so ready to be done. And spoiler alert, it's over!

Once again I listened to the talk 'Giving All Our Hearts to Christ'. She brought up a great point that I didn't understand until today. She was talking about the band Van Halen and that in their contract they had a point that said that they will not perform at the expense of the venue if there are any brown M&M's found there. It's insane, but the reason was that if there are brown M&M's there, the venue did not read through and follow with exactness the safety protocols they put in place. With their stunts being extremely dangerous this was really important. The point I take from this, is that God has asked us to do things that seem small like removing the brown m&m's. But when we take care of the small things the big things fall into place. Love this talk!

Monday- P-day. We had a turkey bowl in the mud and we all got covered. It's super hard to sprint in mud so I was really sore all week! It was so fun! I made a good friend there, his name is Elder Benson! We played against each other the whole time for fun. 

Tuesday- We had zone conference! So fun, so powerful. We are going to heavily implement Facebook in this mission and we have a goal to baptize 1000 people by the end of 2025! We baptized 500 people this year.


Wednesday- I went on an exchange with Elder Paz I got 12 peoples number and it was super awesome! The Eckelts took us to 5 guys as well! I miss that guy!


Thursday- Thanksgiving!! It was awesome! We got to go to and have a huge feast with all the American's. I also was able to give Mateoes (12) a basketball for his birthday!

Friday- We went finding at Greenford but no one was too keen to talk to us. Friday's are hard because everyone is either coming or going to the mosque. 


Saturday- We had a dinner with the Adjelolos and once I got to the church I got a call from the AP's saying that I need to pack and get ready to go to NEWBURY!!! That's right an emergency transfer.

Sunday- We had a baptism! Chris got baptized and then I had my last dinner appointment in Hayes with the Gomes! Now I'm in Newbury!


Thank you all for reaching out last week! Love you guys!

Love Elder Hixon!

No comments:

Post a Comment