Thursday, June 18, 2020

It's a Boy!



Well wow this week absolutely flew! I was very surprised to put my head to sleep last night and realize that it had been an entire week! These weeks are so fast!! 

Well, something fun that happened is a call we got from president in regards to transfers! This week Elder Forest and I will stay together in our area but the 2 of us will be in charge of training a brand new missionary! We will get him on Thursday and we are way excited. Neither of us have trained before so it will be a new experience for us. And it'll be funny to do it together. I haven't heard much of 2 missionaries training a single new missionary. But hey, these are "unprecedented times" huh? So pray for our new companion! He will be brand new to the field and that is hard! 

In regards to the work... we have really tried to set goals that cause us to reach and work hard. Goal setting is the process by which we change. Change doesn't just happen! Change happens by diligent goal setting and consistent effort to achieve those goals. Just praying and praying won't get you anywhere. I know many many missionaries that pray their hearts out hoping a miracle lands in their lap. But then they don't work for the miracle. They don't look for it. If you are looking to change, then ACT to change. I have been in many bishops offices, stake president offices, and mission president offices, and I never changed until I decided to ACT to change. Yes it took a lot of courage to get myself to those offices on the many occasions but that just wasn't enough. It wasn't until I decided to ACT to change. Not just LOOK to change. ACT! My joy becomes more full when I am consistently acting to change. I am eternally grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. Without him, there is no change! There is no joy and there is no peace. We have been able to see many people this week who are interested and have desires to be baptized. We are grateful to be blessed as we have tried to better change our own lives in an attempt to please God. 

Be excited for our boy with Elder Forest and I haha!! 

What is it that you have been looking to change about yourself but have not yet acted to do so? Think about it. Pray about it. Then ACT! Jesus Christ will help! Trust in Him. 

Love you all! Fica com Deus!! 

Elder Hixon 











No comments:

Post a Comment