So we are almost always in our apartment or in the church building. Those are, for the most part, the only places we can go. So for adventurous stories... I don't have many. We try to make days fun. Randomly we will just go outside and run around or pick up a basketball and shoot hoops for 15 minutes. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind staring at my phone all day. Personal study time is amazing. To be able to read real paper scriptures rather than eyeballs in phone. Personal study time and the Sabbath Day have really become a delight for me. In such a busy work, it is imperative for our stability and happiness to find time each day to focus on things that matter most. Then to also have the Sabbath day. A full day to dedicate to the Lord. I am glad that on my mission I am better learning these lessons.
Well, there isn't much more for me to say but to promise joy! President Nelson teaches us that joy is for the saints! Other people can feel happiness but only we can feel true joy. We are promised to feel joy as we center the focus of our lives on Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. If you are struggling during these times to feel joy, pray to know what more you can do to center your life on Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. Then act! You will be blessed. I am grateful for a living prophet today. I am grateful for the work we have been given to accomplish. I am grateful for my family! There isn't a better team out there than the Hixon fam!
Um abraço forte!!
Elder Hixon
No comments:
Post a Comment