In the temple on Wednesday I went through for a man named Luigi. Never has my soul felt more joy. Okay maybe an over exaggeration but still it was an incredible feeling of joy. I got my first hair cut this week. It seems that 3 weeks is the time to cut my hair because of the rapid growth. I should be a pro barber by the time I am back. Unfortunately I could not cut my own hair this week because of CTM Rules but next time for sure.
Conference is almost upon us! Oh how excited I am to hear what the Prophet and apostles have to share with the world.
On Saturday we were proselyting on the biggest avenue/street in all of South America. Policia Ave (probably spelled wrong). As we were proselyting and teaching in Portuguese we bumped into someone who spoke English. hallelujah. This man loved us. He had once served a mission for the Church. he was a convert who baptized his sister and brothers and most of his family. Then he served a mission. He explained to us that he has fallen away from the church. But he said that he loves the church and stands by it. He loves the prophet Joseph Smith as well. His one issue was his struggle with homosexuality. He explained that he had been dealing with it his whole life and that as he joined the church he felt the Love of God. He felt good at first. Then upon returning home from his mission he did not feel loved. He would come to his bishop for help and felt that the bishop did not love him but just was trying to get through another appointment. He says at Young Adult activities he felt left out or excluded because of his struggles. This lack of love eventually led him to leave the church. How interesting. The problem was not his ´love´ for the gospel but more the problem was with feeling the love of others for him. Oh how many problems that could be solved through charity. Charity truly is the pure love of Christ. As we love others continually as Christ did, burdens will be eased and trials will contain less suffering. 1 Corinthians 13. Without Charity we are nothing. Let us be a little better at simply trying to love so that we can be more able to receive the gift of charity.
I love you all. This gospel is true. Personal revelation is real. President Russel M. Nelson is the true prophet of God. Jesus is the Christ.
Till next week
No comments:
Post a Comment