Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Power of the Word!




Well another week flew by. Days are slow but weeks are fast. Portuguese is so cool. I am picking it up quite fast so it is sweet. 

Brazillians are amazing I love them. Went on splits for the first time with no English speaking Brazillians and it was awesome. They are a loving people that just want to love.

Funny story about the food I forgot to mention last week. On the first day we woke up to go down and eat breakfast. There were biscuits and a gravy looking substance. Sister Sanovich and I were stoked for some real food so we LOADED our plates with bread and this gravy substance..... Worst mistake ever. The GRAVY SUBTANCE WAS NOT GRAVY AT ALL and the bread was in no way like a biscuit. We have since learned the gravy substance is the effort of Brazillians to make oatmeal. They have  nailed it once and every other day it is some warm soupy milky junk. So yeah.... learned the hard way

Something super cool I connected this week.... Boyd. K. PACKER said this "The study of Doctrines of the Gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."

This was huge to me when I read this quote this week as I thought of Alma 31:5 where it says, "And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God." 

Changing is best done through the doctrines of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So teach doctrine and Learn doctrine. There is not a better way to change. I love this work. I love my family. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and his doctrine.

Till next week.

Elder Hixon



No comments:

Post a Comment