Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Anxious and Ready!


A few things from this week. I learned my mission is a unique one. It is very similar to the Temple Square mission in Salt Lake. All the sisters in my mission only work in the visitors center teaching other people and the Elders are the ones in the field. So districts and zones are either all elders or all sisters. So that is pretty cool!! Also one of my companions was struggling this week. He has been throwing fits of rage and hitting other people and stuff. It has been quite a roller coaster but all is well. He is a good guy. I know he will work through his frustrations and be able to serve like he desires.

I am learning a lot from the war chapters of the Book of Mormon. My personal study has me there right now and it has been wonderful to see SO MANY symbols and so many things that apply perfectly to us. Those chapters were put in this sacred book for so many reasons! Personal revelation has been flowing. Instead of writing it all out, just know that I know I am reading the words that God wants His people to know at this time. Especially me.
I had an eye opening experience this week. After my experience with teaching my friend last week, I was reading on the website Mormon and Gay.org (a link through lds.org) to try and understand him a little better and dang it. It all was hard for me to read and I felt to repent and soften toward something I don't think I have ever understood. I felt sorrowful for anything I might have said or thought that was unkind or hurtful toward those who are suffering with this struggle. My soul felt an increase of love toward this group of people so much as we are all children of God.

I am anxiously awaited conference. I am so stinking excited. I love you all! The next time I email you I will be a real missionary in the field!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Love, 
Elder Hixon



No comments:

Post a Comment