My companion is awesome!! Just a hard worker and wants to do things the right way. We are seeing lots of miracles. I`ll give you a rundown of yesterday.
So, at the close of last week, I was feeling a little bit confused. My companion and I have been trying our best to work hard, and we have seen tons of miracles in doing so! But all these amazing and prepared people we keep finding....seem to just disappear off the face of the earth after having the first contact/lesson. At the end of the week, all of the fruits we felt we had found had kind of all disappeared. At one point in the allegory of the Olive Tree, The Lord of the Vineyard tries all of the fruit...and it`s all bad. Every single one. He even gets pretty discouraged by that...he was hoping that at least SOME of the many fruits were good! In a small way, I felt pretty discouraged on Sunday night as we looked at the end results of our week. We had movement during the week, but no progress.
My companion and I decided to take a similar approach to the one described in Jacob 5, from verses 49 to the end. I love these verses!! Just so much hope, which hope sparked action. The Lord, his servant, and even others rally up and go to work, one last time. They put in their effort and it results!! They see fruits! For us, yesterday was a fruitful day.
We woke up yesterday morning and, after studies, were able to get out and work. The Lord placed prepared people in our path. We ran into a man who was a missionary in Brasil for 12 years, but had lost had lost his wife and daughter to some kind of disease and was now living again in Chile, taking care of his autistic son. We were able to bear testimony of the book of Mormon and set up an appointment for another day. While contacting later that day, we were able to teach 2 new investigators and, at the end of the lesson, one asked what they needed to do to be baptized! We have another cita with them on Friday. We found another potential investigator while contacting, he answered the door and said, "Look. I want you guys to come back in 15 minutes. My mom died a few days ago and I need help. I used to know the missionaries, and was about to be baptized, but we lost contact and I moved on. I need your help." Unfortunately, we had another appointment right then, but we are also going to be able to go back on Friday. His brother is a less active who we have been trying to find.
A couple we started teaching last week really seems to have a burning desire to learn more. They asked that we come over to teach 3 times a week and committed to come to church every Sunday. They understood the passages of scriptures we read and even believed them. They are looking for peace and unity in their family and recognize that the message we are sharing is providing those things. The boyfriend said, "Okay. Now I`ll be going from playing Futbol 7 days a week to 3 days a week, to be here with you guys and keep learning." Ended the day with an awesome family night we 2 recent converts, a family of members, and 3 nonmember Hatians.
Fruits!
Another week awaits. Wax Strong folks!
-Elder Hixon
No comments:
Post a Comment