Wednesday, July 12, 2017

It's Raining Miracles!

I saw the header of Elder Keslch´s email....for old time´s sake, I´m gonna have to copy it.

It´s raining miracles!!

We have witnessed TONS of miracles this week in our sector, there isn´t enough time to write all of them. I´m trying to decide which ones I should share....ahh. Okay here it goes: 

TODAY! My companion and I went to the temple today. It´s has been some time since I have gone, and it was so refreshing to feel The Spirit there and learn more about The Lord´s will for me. I love that the Temple is right next to the CCM, every temple trip it brings back waves of memories walking on those grounds. So much has changed! After our session, we got asked to go help with some sealings. So we did....and due to a lack of people, we were in the for quite some time. I kind of started worrying, knowing that we still had to get back in the mission and eat, write, buy, and get back to our sector. Time continued to pass. After we got out, in the changing room, one of the temple workers started talking to me (kind of random). Here´s our conversation: 

"Hey Elder, what mission are you from?"

"Chile Santiago Sur."

"Really? What sector are you in?"

"La Cisterna!"

"I used to live in that ward! On a street called Iquique"

"HEY! We live on Iquique!"

He then explained he lived there (over 30 years ago) and that there is a family on that street who he has been praying for. They were really close family friends with him and his family, and a little over a year ago the parents died. He has been trying to find time to go down and ask permission to do the temple work, but hasn´t found the time to go. He gave us the address, and gave us his name and phone number. Told us to go to the house and tell the family that he has been praying for them, and that we would like to teach them about the true doctrine of Christ. He also asked that we get permission to do the work for their parents. 

What!! So cool! I quickly repented for my lack of trust in The Lord in the sealings, as I was (selfishly) growing kind of anxious to get back to my own schedule. As we walked out of the temple, Elder Davis commented to me, "I was praying in the Celestial Room that The Lord would give us a new family to teach. He always answers our prayers."

Okay. I don´t think I have time to write another. But I have really felt The Spirit this week and have felt that The Lord just keeps guiding us to be in the right places at the right times. We have been finding tons of new potentials and they are all so great. We had 7 investigators at church on Sunday!! The ward is great, the people are great, and the harvest is ready. 

Gotta get back to work! Wax strong!

-Elder Hixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment