Wednesday, May 3, 2017

El Libro de Mormon



I have grown (and continue growing) my testimony of El Libro de Mormon here in Santiago, Chile. I have studied every single page (really! every one! took about 10 months)... and I am sure of it´s truth. I have yet to hear a voice or see an angel, I have yet to teach someone who holds the Book of Mormon and reads the whole thing in a week. In fact...there´s not really a whole lot of people that really read The Book of Mormon here. Here´s a quick thought though, a way by which somebody else´s testimony strengthened my own testimony.

My companion is Elder Canaán. He is from VeraCruz, Mexico. He´s 19, turns 20 in August. He´s a great example to me, and I have learned from his testimony of The Book of Mormon. Elder Canaán put in his mission papers his Senior Year...and got his call to Santiago Chile. While he had put his availability for a few weeks after his graduation, his report date was a month before graduation!! He told his parents that he was going to have to decline the call and ask for a new date, and his Dad´s response was the following:

"Okay, son. Write a letter to The Prophet of The Lord and tell him that you can´t go on that date."

And so...my companion never graduated high school :) he´s gonna have to re take his seior year when he gets home. 

I know The Book of Mormon is true. I will defend and share The Book of Mormon for my whole life, because I am so grateful for the fruits it has brought to my life. I know it is true. I know it. 

-Elder Hixon





No comments:

Post a Comment