Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Faith to Recognize!



Hollaaaaaa mundooo!!!!!

How goes it? How are we doing? Life here in Las Americas is on top. We have been seeing miracles and really have been blessed by The Lord in these last few weeks. Where to begin? 

Well, I guess a good story can be a good start. The house we live in is pretty sweet and it is behind another house of Less Actives. We take advantage of the opportunity and have FHE about once a week with Less Actives and Investigators in between our houses in a big patio we´ve got. This last week at FHE, a recent convert named Valentina brought her non member friend, Carlos, to the activity. As soon as I saw his face I felt like I had seen him before. I asked him if we knew each other, he said he didn´t recognize me. Whatever. We have a good ol´, Hixon-fashioned family night (Song, Prayer, Testimony, Share Time, Activity, Lesson, Dessert). We had a good lesson about Personal Revelation and The Book of Mormon and The Spirit was pretty strong. We went around and took turns while everyone gave their "relevation" of the chapter. When it got to Carlos, he shared what he learned and the answer he had found to his question, and then looked at me and said, "I know where I have seen you before!" He unzipped his backpack and pulled out a pass-along card and flipped it over, my handwriting on the back with our phone number from Los Robles.

"About 3 weeks ago I was at the Plaza of San Bernardo, smoking. You tried to talk to me and I told you I wasn´t interested, you gave me this card and said I could call you when I need anything. You said, 'The next time I see you, I´ll try to share with you again'. And then you kept walking with the other missionaries"

Wow! I was in San Bernardo for a training meeting with Elder Araujo, and we had done a few contacts in the plaza after the meeting. I honestly don´t remember the experience, but it was my handwriting on the back of the card with my old phone number. I was able to write down Carlos´s address and send the reference to the Elders in his area, and was able to share my testimony about the Book of Mormon and give him a copy with the invitation to read and pray, just like we had done in the family night. 

Okay, I don´t really have time to write out more, but I feel so grateful for the time I have to share the Gospel as an authorized representative of The Lord. This week, by ways of another miracle that I can tell some other day, we found a new family who seems super prepared to receive our message. The Mom actually contacted US in the street as we were looking for some Less Actives. We found another investigator, named Romina, 2 weeks ago as we worked with a Less Active looking for new people near her house. 

There are miracles in all of our sectors, whether they be physical or spiritual, we just need to have the faith to look and the faith to find (recognize). 

I love when Nephi recounts Lehi´s words as he said, still living in the Wilderness outside of Jerusalem..... "And it had come to pass that my father spake unto her, saying: I know that I am a visionary man; for if I had not seen the things of God in a vision I should not have known the goodness of God, but had tarried at Jerusalem, and had perished with my brethren."

But behold, I have obtained a land of promise, in the which things I do rejoice

He wasn´t yet living in that land of promise, nor had he seen it. There were still trials in the wilderness ahead, current trials. But Lehi knew that The Lord´s promises are sure, and so for him it was as if he had already received the blessing. Talk about Faith! I hope I can continue to rejoice in the promised blessings that The Lord has promised to me, even if I 
can´t yet see them with my own eyes. 

Les quiero! Game time!

-Elder Hixon



Elder Hair, Elder Barfuss, Elder 


pictures from an elder who I live with, he´s our house portugues teacher!  
Elder Batista (not my comp)



  Little Maite


Macacooooo, teaching him the recorder

No comments:

Post a Comment