Wednesday, June 1, 2016

THIS Game Matters



Woo! Been awhile since I said woo. Time is flyin again. 

Leonardo was baptized this Saturday! I was blessed with the opportunity to confirm him as a member of The Church, nailed that Spanish Blessing. But I was definitely pretty nervous. We are also extremely animados for Angelica, Fabian, and Jorge, a family who we are teaching right now. They have such a pure desire to know the truth, and The Spirit is so strong as we teach them. Wow. We are also teaching another family, their names are Norma, Rafael, Luis, and Marco. We taught the the message of The Restoration last night, and while it all is definitely new to them, they committed to pray to know about Joseph Smith and The First Vision, The Restoration of The Priesthood, and The Book of Mormon.

Imagine hearing all THAT at once, for the first time. Something that amazed me about the people we teach is the faith they have to be open to things that to some may sound a little extreme. The Lord truly does prepare His Children to receive His Word, His Gospel, and it is a cool thing to see the people almost recordar y reconocer the plan they accepted before coming to Earth. Everything being new to their Natural Ears, but right and familiar to their spirits. Being a missionary is a pretty special thing, being able to bring this message to those who are looking. 

I currently live with a gringo from North Dakota (my companion, Elder Jenks) and two Colombians who are from the same ward in Colombia, both converts to the Gospel. We are all anxious for the game on Friday, Colombie vs The US, I invite you all to support my comp and me and watch the game. I don`t know when it is, I don`t really care a whole lot about futbol, but THIS game matters. (game predictions below)



 

 
 






I don`t have anything else to say, really we`re having a great time here in Nocedal. We are finding people who are searching. We do still teach under 20 lessons a week, it isn`t like we`re teaching all day every day, but the lessons we DO have are awesome, and totally worth the other hours of contacting we do. I am also excited to recieve our new President, Presidente Gwilliam and his wife, but a la vez it is hard to say goodbye to President. I`m sure nobody really knos a lot about Chile Santiago Sur, but it was a mess before President Cook got here. A lot of cosas extrañas were goin down with the missionaries, lots of stories and whacko apostasy legends haha. President Cook has made a big difference in the mission Chile Santiago Sur and I am grateful for that, because I was born into a great mission. 

Okay chao!

-Elder Hixon




No comments:

Post a Comment