2) Yesterday, my comp and I spent the day in bed, sicker than the dogs here in the streets. We think we got some food poisoning or something, but who knows. We took turns throwing up all night on Monday and through the day on Tuesday, man. Made for a pretty lame, uncomfortable day yesterday.
3) We have a BAPTISM Saturday! I am just as surprised as you are. At church 2 weeks ago, a guy and girl came to church, and nobody knew who they were. After Sacrament Meeting we went over and started talking to him, and turns out this girl is a member in a different ward, and this guy is her boyfriend who wants to get baptized. He`s been going to church with her for the past 5 months, and recently found his answer that the church is true, and now wants to be baptized. He has already read the Book of Mormon and we have been teaching him this last week, and this week, and MAN. This guy is ready. He already knows everything we are teaching him, haha he`s awesome. His name is Leonardo, and his girlfriend`s name is Camila. Power Couple, Dream Team, Future Goals, these 2 are AWESOME.
That`s about it. I was reflecting on Sunday during Sacrament Meeting, as a young man got up to bear his testimony. There was a mini missionary activity for the kids of the stake, and those from our ward who participated got up and bore their testimony of the experience.
One of the kids who went was a kis named John, who isn`t a member of the church, He`s going to get baptized on Saturday, same day as Leonardo. John is...incredible. An extrememly unique kid. He has a very powerful testimony and is going to be a powerhouse missionary. I could talk for a long time about John, the person he is, and the person he is going to become, but I was reflecting more on another kid named Marcelo.
Marcelo is kind of a weird kid, I mean he`s cool, but a little weird. Kind of annoying, probably has ADD, weird style, probably a little bit like me hahaha. Marcelo got baptized about a month ago. While Marcelo is a pretty "average" kid, doesn`t seem super special, he's awesome. What`s awesome about Marcelo is that he brings all his friends to church. John, this powerhouse of a kid, came to church because Marcelo invited him, and now John`s life has completely changed and he has a firm testimony of the gospel. Marcelo also invited a friend named Alvaro who also was baptized, and is now coming to church with his girlfriend, who also goes with him to seminary during the week.
I guess I admire this average kid who really isn`t that average. I realized that when we magnify and do the things that The Lord commands us to do, our average selves get to partcipate and become a part of pretty unaverage things. The conversion of John started with Marcelo. John thanks Marcelo in every testimony I have heard him share.
I hope I can, as my average self, be a little bit more like Marcelo and share the Gospel with others for my whole life. I know that if I do that, The Lord will put people like John in my path and I will be able to participate in great works.
DC 18: 15 16
"And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father. And now if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me, into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you bring many souls unto me. "
No comments:
Post a Comment