Hello! We set a baptismal date this week with a new investigator named Leonardo for June 5th this week, and I am pretty close to positive that he`s gonna get it! We have a lot of awesome people in the area and I am really really excited for the work here. Up to this point in my mission I have felt like I haven`t been giving my all, I haven`t been really really trying to maximize time, I feel like I would "take some off the field with me" as Coach Cornell would say...but I feel like I am finally starting to leave it all out on the field, and finally really trying my best in every aspect, and it is so rewarding. In football they always talked about how water doesn`t boil until you hit 212 degrees...that it can sit at 211 all day long but nothing happens until you hit 212. I think you could draw parallels with the Gospel, with The Atonement, how really nothing is enough but our everything. EVERYTHING is the only price sufficient to qualify us for the EVERYTHING that Christ gave.
It reminds me of a quote I read in a talk called "The Consecrated Missionary", Callister refers to a movie about Marter Luther King, and there`s a point when his "life trainer" gets ticked at King and starts yelling at him for causing so much trouble, for causing so much contention in the public and all that jazz. It was an intense part of King`s life, he was putting himself and everyone acquainted with him in danger. King`s response is awesome, he says "You wanted me to change the world, that`s what you always encouraged me to do. Did you think there would be no cost? "
We are changing the world, and is does have a cost. We could say that the price was paid by the sacrifice of Christ, which is true, because that is the price that was already paid by which the world can be and is changed. But what price we pay to become beneficiaries of that sacrifice? All for All by Bruce C Hafen is an awesome talk Brother B showed us in seminary my Freshman year, explains that the price for Christ`s all, is simplemently our all. Nothing more, nothing less, just our all.
This sector is alive, ahh we are in a gold mine. We are teaching a lot of people who are very very prepared, we`ll probably have a few baptisms in the next couple weeks. Very excited! Elder Jenks is great! We get along well. I have learned so much about companionships. I feel like being with companions is helping me realize the traits in people that really matter, and traits that may seem important but ultimately don`t matter. If someone is obedient, cares about God more than me, and is willing to make sacrifices for The Lord, he is a good comp, whether or not we have similar likes or dislikes. If we are similar people, but he doesn`t really care too much about being exactly obedient, or doesn`t really look to make sacrifices for the work....we have problems. I think I am learning the things I really want to look for in a wife,
Excited for this week! We still do a lot of contacting, have a few long, empty days, but the couple people we ARE teaching are inredible. It`s awesome.
Anyway, going to continue trying more to give more of my all this week!
Super excited!
Love,
Elder Hixon
No comments:
Post a Comment