Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Over Rewarded



Send my love to my family at Aspen Grove. Teach Vera how to say my name if she SOMEHOW doesn´t already know ;) teach her how to say Hola! and Chao!

Slow week this week, but the people we DO teach are so awesome. This family, Fabian, Angelica, and Jorge...ahh. Super super awesome. Jorge came to an activity and played soccer, he and his mom came to church, they read the family proclamation and have been doing family prayers, this family is out of this world. Man. really, again I find myself over-rewarded for 2 years of service with the opportunity to teach them. 

The work moves on! We had changes this week, Elder Jenks and I stayed here together, but one of the colombians from our house left the sector, and was replaced by a kid from Guatemala. He´s AWESOME. Elder Arroyo. I haven´t really been doing exercises in the morning since I got to Nocedal, just with the new house it´s hard for me to find a new system, because my workouts in Los Olmos I could do on the patio. We had a bench, some wooden poles, I filled backpacks with bibles, and I could workout. At this house there isn´t a whole lot. But Elder Arroyo got here and has a great system of working out, so I´m excited to start doing that with him. It´s a commandment for us missionaries to do exercise every morning, and it´s nice that God gave me someone to help me live that standard. 

Relevation: Our new president gets here NEXT week, on Tuesday. In President Cook´s last remarks to us, he explained a little bit about the history of The Church. You already know the gist, way more than I do, so I don´t really need to explain, but he said "You HAVE to remember your Kirtland´s to overcome your Nauvoo´s. The Lord gives us Kirtland´s so that we can have them, and remember them to overcome our Nauvoo."

I hope I said that right, and that it´s not the other way around hahaha. But I have been thinking a lot about that. Trying to recognize the Kirtland´s in my life, and then use them daily to overcome my Nauvoo´s. 

Love you!!! Have a good week!!

-Elder Hixon








No comments:

Post a Comment