Monday, January 6, 2025

How am I supposed to prove myself a hero if nobody will give me a chance?

Another week!! We had Christmas and the members here are just so amazing. We spent Christmas at Bishops and one thing has stood out to me this week from seeing so many members. My heavenly Father has given me so many amazing experiences to be able to relate to other people. I found myself very easily having fun with all the kids because I relate to all of them. The youngest one just wanted to show me all the cool things his brother got haha. He's 4 and I've done exactly that. The next one is in love with Greek mythology, he's about 8. Then the daughter reminds me a bit of Lo when she is talking to the older brother who is 13 and obsessed with the airforce. I used to have those little green army guys as a kid and served on an airbase in North Dakota so we talked about that for awhile. It was so much fun! So the message that I've got is to go and experience things. God uses your experiences to grow his kingdom.

Monday- We relaxed. I got to call home! Love my family so much! We finished the day meeting with our friend Rodney. Keep him in your prayers!!

Tuesday- We met with our friend Les, he's interesting. He said he'd come to church and has always been pretty nice then I think he blocked us hahah. We then spent some time with the Kings, that's Joff, his wife, and daughter Freya. They are so awesome I love spending time with them. We watched a missionary movie and had a German Christmas dish. After that we went to  Roy and Darren's house for a while and Darren is going to start making a scale model merry go round, or whatever that thing is that the horses are on (mom help me out). Both families gave us Christmas presents. It was so nice!

Wednesday- First Christmas!! I was surprised how many presents I got but I learned that morning that having all the things you want doesn't replace opening them with family. We then went to Bishop Guy's and you already read about that. It was so awesome I got to play pass the parcel.

Thursday - Elder A was pretty sick so I spent the day checking on friends and calling people who have been contacted because they were not interested in the past.

Friday -  Similar problem but we went to the district council which was ðŸ˜´ haha. But the travel made elder A feel more sick so on Saturday we were home except for a few hours, I did get two people to say they wanted to come to church and they gave me their number!

Saturday- I accidentally added the cool part to Friday but that's ok, I also got 5 friends to confirm they would come to church!

Sunday- Only one friend came hahah. Before church I just stand outside trying to look over this group of trees on the drive in hoping my friends will come.

Thank you all for making Christmas as special as you could! I hope your families had an amazing time this week!

-Elder Hixon

-oh and I gave a talk on sunday, forgot to voice record 

No comments:

Post a Comment