Tuesday, November 12, 2024

Would you Stop it with the Head Slicing Thing?!

Today's title is a stretch but give me some credit it's been almost 4 months of weekly Hercules quotes, I am amazed I got that far.

Well another week and we had another baptism!! Mehdi is our Iranian friend who is really risking it all by being baptized and we are so grateful for him!

I was also teaching our friend KC last week and every question he asks comes with two more following. He's awesome and truly looking for truth and he accepts what's being taught but I really have to study to answer his questions haha. Some of the times I stick to teaching simple things and he accepts the answer of "it's not really prevalent right now" or "I have no clue", I'll then find the answer and send it to him later in the night, but it's definitely a challenge. I'm learning so much though.

Every week has taught me how God works with people. The work is different because the people are different. This week I had an interview with President Sinclair and he's amazing. The big takeaway was how we create time through righteous principles. By discipleship and delegation we gain time and it's simple. When we follow Christ, decisions are often already made for us thus allowing more time in the 'do'. For example, I never have to think if I'm going to have a drink when it is offered so I can immediately be involved in the work of doing and not deciding. We also find surplus time as leaders when we delegate duties and not try to do everything ourselves. This allows time for other necessary things and growth for the other person. All in all President's counsel was instructive and he really taught me so much as well on the importance of obedience.

Now let's jump into the week.

Monday- Pday. As I mentioned last week we went to Eton and visited a castle and Eton college, which is for the rich rich kids. I could instantly feel how poor I was hahaha. Then I boxed with Elder Terua. He brought mitts and gloves for us to train a little bit. It was so fun!


Tuesday- Instead of going to Uxbridge we decided to do some finding in Hayes. I got a record of getting 4 people's number. It was way more fun than Uxbridge and the people weren't as mean, but it's an hour bus ride so we won't go there again. At least not often. 


Wednesday- We were a bush removal team today. And fencing too. Then we had dinner with an amazing couple named Lillian and Fred. She made us steak with veggies, potatoes and gravy (not mashed). They are so nice!


Thursday- We had interviews and then trainings all day! It was really long but there was a lot to learn.

Friday- Sister Jordan had us over for dinner and she's so awesome! She's 66 but looks 35. She had an awesome afro at church this week with a huge yellow feather coat. it looked like she was in New England in the 1950's. She is so nice and she made us pasta! 


Saturday- This was Elder Petersen's last normal day in Hayes so we celebrated his 6 month mark and bought some new clothes. We have been learning about and embracing the Hindu culture. It's cool.

Sunday- I felt very confident that a lot of my friends were coming to church. Then they didn't. But it's ok because this was the day that Mehdi got baptized, so hooray! I can't post pictures of it because it would not be good for the Iranian government to see that. But I'm so happy he made the sacrifices he has to follow Jesus!

And that's it this week. Thank you all for keeping up with me. I'm sorry if I fail to reply but know that I read everything!!! I love hearing updates about your families! Elder Moss and I will be here in Hayes for a 5 week transfer before Christmas! Wish us luck!!

Your favorite (Hercules ;)

Elder Hixon



No comments:

Post a Comment