Happy Birthday Dad!
small tribute- One of the valuable lessons I have learned from you is the importance to respect and sustain Priesthood Leaders, whether or not I think the same way. It seems all too common for missionaries to hate on the District and Zone Leaders, or to say that they don´t actually know what they´re doing. Your example of humility, and submissivines to Priesthood Leaders, has helped me to understand that, honestly, to bash a leader is apostasy. Joseph Smith even said it was the first fruit of apostasy.
By that lesson, I have learned to hear the voice of The Lord through my Priesthood Leaders, and learned how I can find His will for me. While this has been an obvious blessing in my missionary life, I know that it will continue to bless and guide me for all the eternities.
Thank you for your example of humility and submissiveness, meekness, and really for the perfect example you have given me of what it means to be a Saint, as described by King Benajmin.
I love you!
Thank you for everything.
I carry around with me, still, a yellow piece of paper you placed in my lunch sack, one day before I went to Rowley White RV. It reads "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -Dale Carnegie
That quote has impacted me forever.
Okay-
My tennis shoes are falling apart again but I think I´m gonna milk them for 9 more months. They really do their job pretty well, the sewing just started coming apart this week, I´ll just re-sew them and make them keep working. It makes me feel more "in tune" with my sector, the more rugged I look haha. These people....are a rugged people. Rugged is a good word to describe them. Even the dogs are different here. Dirtier, if that´s possible. But the people are great. I really really really love my Bishop´s wife, Soledad, which might sound weird but she is such a great lady. One of the reasons I came to Los Robles was to come to know her, and learn from her example. Really. She was sharing her testimony with us the other day at lunch, and man. She is such an incredible woman.
I was able to baptisms for the dead today! We have a convert, named Yohana, whose brother died like 20 years ago. Out drunk and partying, and drowned in a canal. She´s a super awesome lady, and was baptized last April. We´ve been helping her with Family History, and we were able to do the baptism and confirmation of her brother! We got permission from President, way awesome experience. I baptized Elder Barfuss on behalf of Robbinson, her brother, and then I was confirmed on behalf of him. That´s what we were able to do today for P Day, it was a pretty special experience.
That's all for today!
Love you all,
Elder Hixon
(Remember that family who we found, Patricio and Romina? We had a SWEEEEET lesson with them this week! Super awesome!)
(Felipe and I)
No comments:
Post a Comment