Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Los Robles

Awesome how the Light The World thing is going well. I`ve been trying as well out here, I`ve got a calendar up on my wall, but some things are pretty hard. Feeding the hungry today? I could pull the "yeah, we spiritually feed the hungry all day every day" but I`ve been trying to find things "outside the normal routine" to really try and participate. So, maybe I`ll buy some homeless guy a completo later in the night or something. Today we went to this SWEET place to player soccer and frisbee, then had a little barbecue with the Zone. Pretty excited about my new area, ready to work hard and find people to teach. 

Changes! I`m now in the ward Los Robles, in the zone Las Araucarias. (just gettin more ghetto as I go). It`s a little bit bigger than Los Olmos, my companion is named Elder Barfuss from Logan, Utah! He got here with Elder Hair, so he just left his training. This guy is a pretty awesome Elder, works hard, and is super down to be obedient and work. Day 2 and we`re having a great time. Ending in Los Olmos was pretty sad, hardest goodbye was probably Jorge, our Venezuelan Amigo who lived in the same house as us. Among maybe a few other things, I think the Lord sent me there to get to know and learn from him. 




Well, all things are going well! I was able to run into Elder Kelsch and Elder Fowles at the Change Meeting. Elder Fowles is with Elder Anderson (the one from my CCM group) and Elder Kelsch is with Elder Jimenez, the other elder who was trained by Elder Thomas. 


All good things! Ready to work in a new area, pretty animated to go find some new people here in Los Robles. Last night we had a meeting with our Bishop, in which he shared a spiritual thought that I`ve been thinking about since. He read in 3 Nefi 20, when Christ leaves  (I can`t remember the verses). He says that He will return the next morning...so all the men work all through the night, doing hard work, not sleeping, so that they would be prepared to only focus on what The Lord had to say when He returned. 
Pretty interesting. Some might say that sleep would be the best thing to do, so that they would be awake during the sermon, but they thought it would be better to forego sleep and get all the work done so that there was nothing more to do than listen to the Savior. 


Fun Fact: I`ve only given Priesthood Blessings in Spanish! I`ve had quite a few opportunities to give blessings on my mission, but it`s pretty wild that I`ve never done one in English. 

That's all

Elder Hixon

No comments:

Post a Comment