Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Karmens

(we had to wear masks one day a couple weeks ago as a rule from president because the air was so bad hahaha)

Can I type this in 10 minutes? Heck yeah I can!

Someday, in 2 years or something, I will have sufficient time to do something. Maybe it´s because I´m unorganized. If so, then if you´re trying to pass the time, I suggest unorganization and disorder!

Haha. Lame joke, I know. 

Cambios this week! I am now with my main Argentino, Elder Yugar! He finishes his mission this transfer, so I am pretty excited to learn a lot from him! Among the things I hope to learn, I expect that my Spanish will improve because this Elder doesn´t speak English so. :)

Another week for the books. The week started on a little bit of a sadder note, as we spent our Thursday morning at a funeral of our DueƱa, Karmen. The house we live in is an extension of Karmen´s house, and she passed away last weekend. While it was a sad and quiet morning, I couldn´t help but feel grateful for the hope that The Gospel of Jesus Christ offers to us as we faithfully accept and walk forward in His plan for us. By truly having faith in His Plan, the words "families can be forever" change from a phrase to a truth, which truly transforms the ashes in our life to roses. Paraphrasing Isaiah there. :)

The work here in Los Olmos moves on. We´re having a baptism this Saturday for an 83 year old (I´ve thought she was 86 all this time...found out she was 83 this week) viejita, also named Karmen. I think it is a requirement here in Chile to change your name to Karmen after you pass the age of 50, cause I´ve met so many flingin flangin Karmens here. But they´re all awesome. 

Short letter this week but I´ve got 2 minutes so I gotta go! Real quick:

Mom, will you be my valentine? 

-Elder Hixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment