Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Knowing People


 (Elder Albarracin, who is from Colombia, going to come live with us after my mission)

Hey, we helped build an Evangelist Church this week! And hey, I have officially knocked every single door in my sector! 

Woo!



Yep, 3 months in and we´ve hit all the doors in the sector. I remember being in the CCM and hearing how small our mission was, and feeling pretty underwhelmed. I figured it would be pretty easy to get discouraged in a small sector. It would be easy to think you have already talked to everyone, you´ve already tried everything, and everybody has already given their answer; their "yes" or "no". But being out in the field, it´s awesome. Such an opportunity and blessing to really get to know these people, on a more personal level than perhaps other missions in the world. In a weird way, it´s kind of cool that all the drunk guys in our sector (literally every. single. day. drunk.) know my name. Or kids like Marcelo, Isidora, Javiera, Tamara, and other non LDS kids in the sector know me and I know them. Me and this little kid named Pablo even have our own handshake! Getting to know people by name has been a great blessing to me.

With that, it is also really cool to get to hear about legacies that other missionaries have left behind. Guys like Elder Willis, Mcmullan, and Peterson are becoming my heroes, and I´ve never met or talked to any of them. But I know they were great missionaries because their names carry through and live on through the members in our ward (for good..haha). Everybody talks about these Elders, and the impact they had on shaping Los Olmos. 

Other than that, things have been good (and HOT) this week. We had an Asado with a Menos Activo this week and her family, which was a lot of fun. Chile has some pretty good food! Good juice, too. The best. 



(made tacos and got permission to watch 33 miners for P Day. Super fun, Elder Albarracin and Nacho) 

Spanish is coming along, I feel like I´m learning a lot now with Elder Yugar! My hatred for dogs is just blissfully growing stronger everyday :) Finally made that Lego set that my mom sent me, ahhh so cool! First time I´ve ever enjoyed building Legos! Finally becoming a true Hixon Boy :,) 

I sure love this mission!

Que les vayan super super bien esta semana!

-Elder Hixon 


No comments:

Post a Comment