Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I Love to See the Temple

Week 2 was infinitely faster than Week 1. Wild that it´s already P Day.



Thank you to Sister Marshall for all the HLJ (CTR) rings, I´ve already given all of them out! The kids here are so cute! It´s pretty funny, but also slightly depressing when I go over and talk to them, because half the time I don´t understand a word they´re saying. So much for any confidence gained here in the CCM :) When you show little kids magic tricks here (is sorcery against missionary rules?) they don´t laugh at all. They are so mind blown that they just stare off into the distance for a couple minutes, trying to process what they just witnessed. I think it´s a bad thing to do, but sometimes it cheers me up hahaha. After I pull the HLJ ring out of their ear they put it on and seem happy, so I think it´s all good!

What a blessing it is to live on the grounds of the temple! Wow! 



Every morning we wake up and can just look out our windows to view the Santiago Temple. Did I already mention that? Oh well. It´s just as amazing this week as it was last week. One of the days, during one of our breaks from classes, Elder Gehring and I were walking around the temple courtyard and we saw a pretty frail boy in a wheelchair, with oxygen tubes running to his nose, and a missionary name tag on his coat. He was with his family, and they had just taken a picture so they were all just standing there. We went over and talked (loose word, we don´t know half the things they say) to the family, and to the little missionary. It was a sweet experience.

On Sunday night during one of the devotionals, a lady was talking about a family who´s youngest boy has been fighting brain cancer for a long time. Finally, the doctors said there was nothing more they could do, and so they released him to go back home and just die at the house. This strong mother was determined to take her family to the temple before the end, and so they all went and did baptisms for the dead. Though it took time, and was difficult because of his disability, they got this boy dressed in white clothes and he got to do confirmations one last time in this life. His older brother let him wear his missionary name tag, because this boy had always wanted to be a missionary. After the experience, they went outside the temple to take a picture, and yes, this was the sweet little Elder Gutierrez that Elder Gehring and I had the privilege of meeting in the last days of his life. 

When we are doing the Lord´s work, in the Lord´s time, He blesses us, imperfect people, with those perfect moments. I remember hearing that in a Stake Conference and now I testify that it is true!

Every day in the field I am thankful for Mission Prep. We use those teachings every single day, and I feel like I have a kind of head start because all of these things that are being taught are things that I´ve had the opportunity of studying for the past year and a half! Brother Mask, Brother Watts, and Brother Tilley, thank you for your service because I am reaping the blessings of your teachings!

Yo amo esta iglesia, amo esta misión, y amo mi Salvador, mi Redentor, y mi Padre Celestial!

Les amo! Be bold in your testimonies this week, do not be afraid to defend what you know to be true! 

-Elder Hixon

Chip also mentioned that he sleeps in Elder Fowles' bed. He and Elder Kelsch left the sweetest letters for him and Elder Fowles may have even left him notes written on his actual bed.


1 comment: