Monday, January 12, 2015

Nailed It!

Ehh, 21 is just....the coolest age ever!!!  Woooo! The big 2-1 this week!

Check us out. We nailed it this week!

It was a quick one! Elder Jacobson came down from Beograd on exchange with me and Elder Pantelakis went up there with Elder Nielsen, and then we met up there for Zone Conference. It was another great conference with another great meeting with President Grant afterwards. I like him a lot.  We talked a lot about Podgorica and it's needs. 


(and here's us in Beograd, looking like the best group of people you've ever seen in Beograd. Left to right: Elder Fisher, Jacobson, Lowis (check that suit out), Pantelakis, me, Nielsen, and Odiorne) Those are my people.

While Elder Jacobson was down here, we had a killer lesson with Srdjan 2, and we decided to start from scratch, watch the Restoration film and talk with him about where he's at. I kid you not, I think that the old Restoration movie (which we have translated) isn't the best movie, it's just kinda ehh, but every single time I get choked up as Joseph goes into the grove and that all goes down.  The Spirit was strong once again, regardless of poor filmsmanship, and we didn't even ask a question before Srdjan says, "I need to begin reading the Book of Mormon again. If this is true, I must know it."  It was incredible, and we're back on track with him in the game.  

We also have a lesson with Safet tonight, I don't know if I've talked about him much. Safet has been investigating the church since missionaries came here some 2-3 years ago. He's kind of the "eternal" investigator.  Well he went to Zagreb round Christmas time, and went to church there. Since coming back, he hasn't been the same. He is more involved, asking more questions and seriously contemplating baptism. He said to me, "I am now satisfied with this church." So we will see tonight if he will commit!

Also, my favorite part of the week, the other elders found an awesome guy! His name is Srečko, keep him in your prayers! He came to church, and after being very involved in the meeting, said "I feel so elevated here. I love the feeling. You can expect me here every single week." He's getting married in March, so we'll have a couple! 

On a more serious note, we decided that it may be worth a shot trying to blend in more and embrace more of the culture of these people. And seeing as 96% of all people have black hair here....


Love you all! 
Elder Hixon

P.S. we also made these killer enchiladas, thanks to mom's package! oh how I miss mexican food.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 21st Birthday Elder Jacob Hixon!!!!
    We love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete