Monday, December 22, 2014

Wakedness

Well I'm going to Skype y'all (some of y'all) this week, so emailing will be what it will be.

Highlights: 

We taught the English students how to play Speed Scrabble, Mom! It was very humorous, but they loved it. Vojislav got so ticked at the "Q" that he turned it upside down and used it as a blank. Best class ever. 


Christmas Conference was rad. It wasn't last year (most of the mission is gone from last year) but it was still awesome. We flew up to Beograd the night before and decided it would be in our best interest to not sleep cause we had to leave at 5. I can safely say that THAT was the real Christmas party. 

So 2:30am rolls around and I get into the shower, and at half hour intervals the rest of us (The Furious Five) were showered and ready to go, not feeling too tired. We get on the road to Zagreb and haul over there, sugar and caffeine a blaze. It's a miracle we kept ourselves awake. Elder Fisher made sure we did. We pull up to the Zagreb chapel and kind of zombily push through the crowd to the restrooms. 


Once cleaned up and looking more human, we fought the battle of the year staying wake during the whole conference. We had a lot of fun there, and I got to see McAllister and Sheridan for what is likely the last time til I come home. Weird.  I don't know how I feel about that, but time goes and life is what it is.


By the time we ended the conference and were on the road again, it had been over 32 hours of wakedness and I couldn't tell one day from another. I want to do a study on what the heck sleep depravation does to the body. We were blessed that Elder Taylor (senior couple) drove and let us sleep. We all caught about 2 hours of delusional sleep, got into Beograd, and then us Podgoricankans flew home. I passed out of this world for 14 hours and felt like a newborn child when I awoke. 

It was awesome. Best weekend of my life. There's a fun Christmas story to tell the kids about. 

As for the missionary stuff, we still got a good amount of finding in and talked to a lot of people. Nobody in particular wanted to keep talking, but it's cool. 

Last story highlight is that on Sunday I walk in and Srdjan asks me to give him the Aaronic Priesthood.  Wow, no heads up! Good thing they call us Minute Men. It was such a special experience. The first time I've ever conferred the Priesthood in Serbian. I love Srdjan and I love Montenegro. 

See you Thursday!! 

Love,
Elder Hixon

No comments:

Post a Comment