Anyways. I broke my left hand. To make an embarrassing story short, we were running home in the morning after one of our rad park workouts, and on some Balkanized genius curb/sidewalk, I tripped somehow and flew parallel to the ground some several feet before my flight was halted by a park bench to my shoulder. The end result was two bloody knees, a bloody bruised shoulder, and a balloon swollen left hand. I went to what seemed to be a hospital, and 4 x rays and 3 attempts to reset my hand later and we were free at $0. And while that sound both sketchy and great, I'd have paid anything to have had some pain medication and a competent first-time reset done.
But the pain that nearly made me lose consciousness ended finally, and we're working again. It's been fun. I have a Balkan cast on and it's starting to smell. I go in for x rays on Wednesday to find out if I need surgery or not. Hopefully not, so let's all pray for that to not happen please!
But in other news, we have 3 investigators on date to be baptized on the first of November. Two are named Srđan (pronounced like sir john) and one is named Danijel. We have learned a lot about being bold and bearing testimony to everyone possible. No matter what, people know walking away that this Gospel makes US happy and that WE believe it. And it's working. I'll share more about those investigators later, but they're doing very well. Keep them in your prayers. The Church is being established here!!!!
We have/get to go to the Albanian border today for visa work/problems, so we will have part of pday tomorrow, so if I remember anything else I'll do that then.
Oh and we are teaching a 5 year old English. His name is Matija and he is a riot. I love him. It's a long story, but his parents love us and just want us to come over and play with him speaking English to him while they feed us lunch. So far it's been awesome, and we're going to invite them to be baptized this week.
Love you all!!
-Elder Hixon
(At the Bosnian border last week, Lowis and I showing that AZ pride on some rock.)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment