I promise one of these days I'll have a good general again with some substance. I've been spending more time on the individual ones to you all (as I can get to them) because my story here is pretty unexciting.
The updates are: Zone Conference this coming week, so that'll be fun. Matt is doing well and is out of the hospital with just a shoulder trauma and is back to his old self spending time with us. I started teaching Domagoj piano last week and that'll continue in addition to starting lessons tomorrow!! Thank you Mom for making me learn the piano. Also a woman from English class wants to start taking lessons too, so that'll happen after class tomorrow. Things are picking up!I made another new friend. Her name is Štefica, she is a super old single lady and she speaks the cleanest Croatian ever, so I understand her well, and she understands me when I slip into Serbian words and things and laughs and says it's all okay. Anyways, I just sit by her at church and she and I try and figure out what's going on (her age and my lack of language are a great combo) and this Sunday we were reading in Jonah in Sunday School, and I lean over to her cause I didn't know the word for whale (kit) and ask "Štefica, how do you call the big fish that ate Jonah?" And she says, "I don't know, it just says big fish in here.....hmm...I think it was a shark. Sharks eat everything." and then she talks to me about sea animals, 20,000 leagues under the sea, and the Adriatic for the rest of the hour, and I learned more words that I ever have in a single day haha, like giant squid, submarine, whale, beaver, seal, walrus, etc. She's the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment