Monday, August 25, 2014

The Weekly


That is a boring title for a semi-boring week.

Can I say that? I'm a missionary, weeks can't be boring.

Yes. Yes they can be. Work's rough out here sometimes, and actually has been for the last month! #newareas

There was a little part this week that was slow and hard to get motivated, but the Lord is making sure we have things to do and won't let us tire! Matt got hit by a car yesterday, so we are going to the hospital to go see him. Apparently he's not too bad, shouldn't be in there for long, but he has had quite the week and it interests me. 

He and his brother went up to Zagreb with the senior couple (who they are good friends with) to do some shopping before school. They also met up with the Assistants Elders Wilson and Uhlig to spend some time with them (Elder Wilson clicked with them very quickly when he was here with me on exchange, they have similar family backgrounds and experiences). While together, they went up to President Grant's and met him. President Grant showed them the house and told them they could come up to play tennis anytime (have I ever mentioned that the mission home has a tennis court in the backyard?), and then they all talked and President just gave them the bold, Papa Magic style Book of Mormon shpeel. Apparently it was very much a lot to handle, but both Matt and Domagoj liked being there and liked him. Matt, however, started to get weak physically for the next 2 days. He said he just felt overwhelmed and just kind of stayed to himself. Then, things started to pick up, he opened up with and had a long convo with the senior couple and then started to get back on his feet again (all this after our rough lesson with him a week and a half ago where he pretty much denied God in all ways), and then yesterday he got hit. It's very strange, all this happening. He has a spirit about him that keeps us going. He's bright, and I know that he will join the church one day. I know it. It's going to be a team effort on all our parts (as you can see) but he will join. Domagoj probably much quicker than he, but he is the oldest and you know how the first palacinke is.

I tell you this story because Matt and Domagoj are our lives right now. This week we have unlimited access to meeting with Domagoj, so next week I should have a long success story all that jazz. Love you all, but I gotta jet!

Love,
Elder Hixon


This is Matt between Elder Merl and I



No comments:

Post a Comment