We had a wild week, let me just say it like that! Except it was mostly normal. I have three highlights and that is kind of it.
First, I met a legit Irish man. He's a lawyer who has lived here for 4 years, and a year before that in Sarajevo. His Serbian was flawless, but his English was even better....because of the accent. Killer! I was sitting in the Police Station waiting while Elder Wade was getting Visa work done, and two guys sit next to me. I was going to talk to them, but they were in some conversation. One stands up eventually, and goes to get some work done, so it's just me and this guy. Before I can say anything, he asks me in his gnarly Irish, "So how are the Mormons doing in Belgrade?" I just about died and said, "How do you know who we are?" He responds, "Everyone knows who you are!" Can I say fulfillment of prophecy somewhere? I don't recall it, but I'm sure it's somewhere. We're a known people, and the Lord's work is going forward boldy and nobly and independent. We talked for a while and I got his story, and hopefully we'll meet at some point this week. He said he had two friends when he was living in Manchester that were Mormon, and he said they were good people and good friends. I have no doubt that they gave him whatever he needed to open up while we talked. Member missionary work, my friends, the Lord takes it in any way!
Second, Nana and Zoe. They weren't baptized this week. But there's a cool story behind that.
We had everything lined up for it, but they felt that they should wait until after Nana's trip to Montenegro, even though Zoe wanted to do it before so she could have those blessings while she was alone with the kids for a few days. We talked with them about it, but they decided to wait. We had been prompted, but it seemed to no avail. Then, President Rowe called us the next morning to ask how Nana and Zoe were. He had been praying for them and about them, and he felt that he should call us and see how things were. When we filled him in, he challenged us to go back again that day and invite them again to be baptized this last weekend before the trip. He told us he felt prompted to do so. He said he wasn't sure what the outcome would be, but he knew that we'd be blessed if we obeyed. So we did.
We went and met with Nana and Zoe, and when we committed them again, they agreed immediately that they would be baptized that weekend. Then, as we were going over the full list of questions for the baptismal interview with them, which we needed to because it was Thursday and we needed to have them interviewed the next day, and during those questions something came up. We spoke about it, and we decided the baptism would need to be put off for a bit. I'd never had that happen before, and Elder Wade was entertaining Johan temporarily (we were at a park, so Johan was playing) and so I went with the Spirit and told him that the reason the Lord had sent us there that day to recommit them was to help them to bring up that concern. I told him we would call President Rowe and that he would help to work that out with them and the Lord.
It was very hard to see that baptism go, when we had it set for certain. But the Lord blessed us for our obedience when we would've otherwise not know that concern until a few days before the rescheduled date, and it would've likely not happened this transfer, which could mean I'm gone. President is going to interview them and we will go from there, but the 27th is the new date. President thinks that will work fine. Things have been getting worse in some ways, just hard times and things to overcome. It seems the whole world is conspiring against us at times! But, we will prevail, I have no doubt!!
Sister Tadic has been called to serve in the newly created ARIZONA, GILBERT MISSION!!!!!! How can you say that is anything short of a miracle? She reports to the MTC in the beginning of December, so take care of her for Christmas and just be prepared for the most prepared Sister Missionary this world's ever seen, and get your friends ready to hear the good news of the Gospel coming from somebody whose testimony can shake the very mountains. Talk to the mission president, get in good to get her assigned to our home ward, do whatever you can, but be ready! And I'll be home for her last 6 months!
Elder Hixon
No comments:
Post a Comment