Calvin was rerouted to the Provo MTC due to some plumbing issues at the MTC in England. He will be headed to England on November 3. Here is his first update.
So far this mission has been crazy. I arrived at the mtc this Wednesday but we will get back to that. Here is a quick recap of home MTC. 24 hours after getting set apart, my dad asked me to give a blessing to a coworker and we ended up giving a blessing to his wife as well. I was asked to be the voice of the blessing. I learned that God loves us in only the way that a perfect Heavenly Father can. The very next day I got to go on splits with the elders of my ward. We went to the gas station to grab some grub before going home for the night. Once again the spirit spoke to us. There was a guy who was walking into the gas station as we were walking out and he seemed in need of help. So we took him inside and bought him some water and food and showed him how to get where he needed to go just as a service to him. Little did we know that the cashier would notice. We were able to have a discussion with him about the church and he seemed very interested. Sadly I left on my mission before I saw the fruits of that experience. I learned that just by living like Christ, our actions were able to have an affect on another and we were able to invite him to come unto repentance which is the whole point of what we are doing. I am so grateful for those experiences while I was at home.

No comments:
Post a Comment