I'm really the worst at writing these things and I'm not sure what I'm going to write about. This is really only being written due to my need to write these dang things haha because I only have 5 weeks left. So... maybe I'll just talked about highlights since being in Brazil!!
I can't say it enough but getting to go back to Ibiuna was awesome!!! When I first got here and had that opportunity I was so so grateful. I got my haircut by the coolest guy Danilo who was a less active member when I served here an eternity ago. I also got to ride bikes around everywhere. Those didn't exist when I first started in Ibiuna so that was a fun little shake up. It was a blast being with Elder Pontual... honestly I believe it was there with him where I learned how to fry an egg. Maybe one day my wife will appreciate that haha. I also got to have all kinds of fun with our favorite family Kilton and Amanda! Kilton speaks both English and Portuguese fluently so it's pretty cool! And Amanda is amazing haha she's so funny. She's a big sass! She's like the missionaries mom so it's the best having members like that. Of course, meeting and teaching and baptizing Gaby was right out of a story book! It was amazing!! Everything worked so perfectly and it really was again a testament to me of God's love for me. It was there that I saw dreams be fulfilled. Literally!!
Being in Vargem Grande was so unique. It wasn't much of a stellar area. But it was a time where i learned a lot about myself and about my Savior. It was a time that i put in some real work. I felt like my time in Vargem Grande was full of work work and more work. There i got the opportunity to be closer with Eduardo and Marcia and their sweet sweet family. What a joy! Those people are so kind and I hope to see them again some day! It was also in Vargem Grande where I met and taught Noranei and Eloa!! Such a humbling experience and taught me so much about the importance of Fast Offerings and the churches contributions to help those in need. I also had the chance to return back to Ibiuna ro visit our mini waterfall and got to have all kinds of scary fun at a little carnival fair thing. I've been in a few scary situations on my mission but wow, I almost died on those roller coasters...
Getting to end my mission here in Vila Andrade and Panamby was yet again just another testament of God's love and His awareness of me. It has been here that I got to see Andrea again(it had been almost 30 months since the last time) and be able to work towards fulfilling a promise made forever ago! I've been able to have all kinds of fun with Elder Krett and live the Favela life which has been a blast. A little scary at times. Rn there is a serial killer in the Favela next to us and the police still can't find him because the Favela is huge. And the other day we were in the Favela of Colomba and were confronted by the gang members and they searched us for weapons because they thought we were the police. Then they told us to scram haha. It was good stuff! But even still, those dang carnival rides in Vargem Grande were more life threatening than these guys haha! Here I've met Ariel and Kauã and Mario and Aurora and Kaunne and Lucas and Carol and Paulinho and Fatima and Chiquo and all other kinds of people that my heart has attached to. I've been privileged to serve in this area where I have the best of both worlds. A very impoverished ward that is humble and helpful with a very wealthy ward that is also humble and helpful! It's been such a blast!
Coming back to Brazil has done nothing more than further convince me that I'm a Son of God and He knows me and loves me!
That's all for this week. Just a fun memory blast!!
Elder Hixon
No comments:
Post a Comment