Another amazing week in Fairfield Iowa! This week was a little bit of a battle with a victory at the end of it. We are so happy! Every week as a missionary is a battle. Every day even! Being full time representatives of the Savior Jesus Christ isn't easy. And Satan knows that if he can weaken us, then that will cause big ripple effects to others. This week was full of hard days but as we gave our best effort to stay true to our God, we have felt satisfaction and real joy.
We did a lot of service this week and I had an opportunity to spend a day and a half up in Iowa City because of an exchange I was doing. It was loads of fun and I learned so much! It is so wonderful to go into the homes of members and be able to see their desire to serve the Lord and help aid missionary work. So many are jumping at the chance to provide our Facebook pages content or help film and record and even direct. If you have talents behind a camera, or are very good at video editing or even just have great content ideas... please get in touch with your local missionaries. We need help. We've been trying to do it ourselves since Covid hit and we are learning we aren't very good at it. We desperately need the support and aid from ward members. If this is the first time you're hearing about this, well you arent helping the missionaries then haha! This is the most important cause on the face of the earth, the Gathering of Israel! Jump in. Don't hesitate. Reach out now and find out how you can help. If I received a text from a member or a call that said "How can I help with Facebook?"... I'd be on cloud 9! Big rant sorry! It's just important. The area president has been doing trainings with Elder's quorums and relief societies about this... and yes, the Area President took time to give each stake a training on Sunday. Pretty cool stuff!
Liz was baptized on Saturday. It was wonderful. She's been investigating the church for about forever... and she finally decided. There was a good amount of bold statements said but ultimately she decided it was right. There isn't a middle ground. If you are not making and keeping covenants then you are wrong. No if's and's or but's about it. So we were so grateful and our hearts are full for sweet Liz! It was a full team effort. All 4 of us Elders took turns in our companionships ministering and testifying to her and she finally decided that now was the time. It has been so sweet to see the change in these people. Leonia and Annette and Liz all had been people who had been around the church forever, they'd been to Navoou(spell check me idk how to spell that) pageants and tons of sacrament meetings and went through so many missionaries, but now finally have decided to go forward. It's wonderful. It warms my heart to be a front row attendee to the mighty change that the Holy Ghost can bring into the lives of others.
Here is a quote I heard at the baptism that I loved...
"Spirituality fruits 2 things... The inspiration for what to do, and the power to do it"
- Richard G. Scott
I'm so grateful for a prophet. He leads us and guides us. He has instructed us to seek personal revelation or inspiration. We all have the ability to receive divine assistance in decision making as we put in the effort to hear the voice of the Lord. I know this to be true! I'm so grateful that Annette and Leonia and Liz have all put in the work to hear this divine assistance about where they really needed to take their lives.
Love y'all! I love the snow hear so much. I made snow angels the other day and rolled around and ran and played in the snow. I felt like a little kid but I have not had many times in my life to be in the snow so it's just fun. My heart is grateful
Elder Hixon

No comments:
Post a Comment