Monday, November 9, 2020

2 For 1

This is gonna have to cover for last week too! I didn't have time to write an email last week!! So... sorry!! And it's gonna be a quick one... sorry again! 


But last week all kinds of good stuff probably happened. We got closer to the ward and went to church and I tested negative for the rona and all kinds of good things happened. We've been playing ping pong with a less active member of our ward on Monday's and he's been coming back to church since. Annette has also been a big part of that WOOT WOOT! We helped some people move and we taught a Russian! Luckily he was not apart of the group of Russians that conspire against Timmy Failure... he is a nice guy named Andrew. We invited him to be baptized and he said yes! It was cool. Hopefully things keep going well with him as that was our first lesson with him. 

But this week was fun! We have been putting basically the whole world on date for baptism. I just want everyone to get baptized haha. Weeks with baptism are so stressful but at the same time they are so miraculous:) So yeah... we had a phenomenal lesson with the Brazilian family again and I just about bawled my way through the thing. The mother started crying and the father of the home at the end of the lesson went off for 10 minutes in pure gratitude and thankfulness for my companion and I and sharing the message. The love from Brazilian people is so real and so tangible. It made me deeply miss Brazil for sure but at the same time brought me so much peace. I need to be here now I just do:) Fairfield Iowa is the funkiest place ever but it definitely has my heart! It was amazing because they believed in reincarnation as we went into the lesson but after explaining the Plan of Salvation and resurrection, they both said "This feels so much better than our idea of reincarnation. We totally love resurrection". And the dad in the beginning of the lesson straight up said his sons never got baptized and he believes God sent us to them so that his sons could get baptized haha! Little does he know that him and his wife are gonna get dunked too YES!!!

We also did a fast this last Sunday trying to know who to focus more on in our work. I am so grateful for fasting and how it helps me grow more in tune with the Spirit. The answer to who to focus on was so clear and the Spirit was absolutely so strong. I am so grateful for the scriptures and all that we can learn from them. They really are the spring board for revelation. As I offered a prayer during sacrament meeting I opened the scriptures and every verse I read all pointed to the same answer and flooded me with revelation. I'm so grateful! 

In the past 2 weeks we trekked up to Iowa City about 4 times for various purposes. Meetings and interviews and stuff! It has been good to see President and learn from him. He has a BYU Speech if you want to be edified. Look up Dale Sturm on BYU speeches and you'll find his talk on faith. Ver powerful! He's amazing!! I love where I'm serving and I love my leaders!!! In spirit of Thanksgiving, challenge yourselves to be more grateful for those that teach you or coach you or lead you or guide you. They are in those positions in your life for a reason. Shrug off things that bother you and take advantage of the opportunity to learn from them. You'll be beyond blessed! 

Love y'all!!

Elder Hixon 




No comments:

Post a Comment