Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Come Come Ye Saints


Well this week was another one for the books! We had plenty of miracles and tender mercies that have been shown to us this week. God is amazing! 

One of our miracles was a baptism!! We were grateful able to be the ones to baptize and confirm Morgana Goodlow as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Sunday! She has now joined us as saints! She has come and became and will continue to become. It was such an amazing opportunity to be able to feel the Spirit of God attend our meeting. Feelings of joy, humility, peace and reverence were in abundance. The Bishop of our ward gave a powerful closing testimony and he got pretty emotional about the fact that this baptism would be the first official church gathering for our ward since March! It is amazing to gather together. At home church has been new and fun in some ways but there really is a sweet spirit that comes with gathering as a ward family. I anxiously look to this coming Sunday where we will begin meeting as a ward for sacrament meeting. In the Book of Mormon we learn about the importance of gathering together and fasting together and partaking of the sacrament together. It really is a huge help to strengthening our individual conversion unto the Lord Jesus Christ. 

I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. It seems as if everytime I am having a struggle, as I faithfully read that book the Spirit guides me to an answer through the words on the page. It is a sacred and holy text that can teach us simply how to better turn towards the Savior. I am grateful for Joseph Smith and his crucial role in restoring the church along with his role of translating the Book of Mormon. On the 24th we thought a lot about pioneers of course and I'm sure most everyone everywhere thought about or sang the words from the hymn "Come Come Ye Saints". Not many other hymns have had such a profound influence on me as that one. Lines like "Why should we think to earn a great reward, if we now shun the fight?" and "Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard? Tis not so, all is well". These are attitudes I wish to adopt more closely in my own life. Early day pioneers were some of the strongest spirited souls to walk the earth. Amidst all kind of persecution and mobbings and everything, theh still continued on in the faith. In my mission I serve in what is known as "The land of bloody footprints". Sacrifice has been a key to conversion since the very beginning. And the attitude of the pioneers during sacrifice is such an example to me. All really is well. Life honestly isn't that bad. And quitters will never get what they want. I love this Gospel and I love the joy that comes from trying to live it!

Love you all!!

Elder Hixon 


No comments:

Post a Comment