Monday, February 3, 2020

Milagres!


Well wow. This week absolutely flew. And if you do not feel like that is the case well... it is over now so get over it.

Elder Hancock and I were witnesses of many miracles this week. I am grateful that the Lord uses weak people to do His work for him. I am definitely weak but am very grateful that I am still used as a servant of our God!

We are going to have 2 baptisms next week and I believe more to come in the following weeks. We were able to teach a lesson in English which was way awesome. My Georgia Atlanta skills were able to come clutch. It was a fun little miracle. 

The 2 people we are going to baptize have gone through quite the rollercoaster. I will spare many of the details but one is a Mother and the other is a daughter. The Mother was abused in every way shape and form by the man she was living with. This man was a pretty manipulative guy and had most everyone fooled. He is a less active member but always expressed interest in coming back to church and getting married to this woman and baptizing her and her daughter. We had been teaching them as such until we got a phone call Monday Morning. He had been kicked out of the house by her and she needed a blessing of comfort. It was right then that she deicded to get baptized in roughly 2ish weeks and her daughters wants to as well. They both felt the Love of our Savior Jesus Christ in this time of pain and agony and they were grateful to feel his comfort. They really cut off the one thing that was preventing them from making covenants. Which is a lesson for us all. Any single thing that can prevent us from making and keeping covenants must be eradicated from our lives. That is the repentance that is necessary for Salvation. However big or small the thing may be, it needs to be gone. What a miracle we were able to see in the lives of Adrianna and Sophia.

Another Miracle was that a woman we are teaching threw me a little surprise birthday party and invited lots of family over on Tuesday. It was very fun and truly helped strengthen me in a time of discouragement. 


Another miracle is how well Elder Hancock and I get along. It is not easy for all companionships to do this but I really feel this week that we get along quite well! I love the guy! Often times he reminds me of Colton Johns... So I know y'all now love him too!




But this is all I will write this week. My time has elapsed quicker than I thought it would. Look for all the miracles in our lives. There are so many. The Lord wishes for us to see them so then he can send even more. As we recognize miracles and revelation in our lives, we have more revealed to us. It is the Recognition-Revelation pattern my mom has done so well to teach me throughout my life. I love my time in Cotia. 

Have a great week in the sight of the Lord because at the end of the day that is all that matters!

Elder Hixon


 


No comments:

Post a Comment