Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Woo!



Hello! Another week for the books! Woo!

Been awhile since I`ve said woo...

This week was a good one. Last week I commented to Mom that we had found a family the day before and that we had a follow up cita with them in the future...well we had the cita! And is was a hit! New family, but I`m talking FAMILY family. Like, two parents, 2 kids, their kids` spouses, and their kids`s kids. Alba and her husband (whose name escapes me in this moment), and their 2 kids whose names are Pascar and Karina. Oscar is married as well, and has 2 kids. Karina is single. We taught the message of the Restoration to Alba and her husband, Oscar, and Karina. It`s so weird...these people are the first Chilenos I have taught who just listen. Like, I don`t know any random infirmities they`ve had or if they have any cousins in Miami, I don`t know how many dogs they have had in their lives, or if they`re cat people, nor do I know who their favorite soccer team us. I`m not sure about ex husbands or ex girlfriends, nor have they said "Well, we don`t go to church, but we`re Catholic" or "yo creo en Dios, pero a MI manera." These people just listen! It`s crazy!! It`s awesome :) 
They accepted the invitation to read the Book of Mormon and be baptized. We are going to see how they are tomorrow, and when all is well, we are going to put on a date and keep working! Woo!

I continue learning from my companion, Elder Araujo, about how to be a better missionary and how to focus on the things that really matter. Of my 9 companions, 5 of them have been pretty new to the mission. This has been such a blessing for me in helping me remember to focus on what really matters, the importance of never teaching more or less than the pure doctrine of Christ. It has also helped me to remember and study Preach My Gospel and just base both myself and our teachings on the fundamentals. To get make a layup, the ONLY thing you gotta know is up strong, right elbow, right know, corner of the box, hit the floor and box out. The same with The Gospel...all I gotta focus on to strengthen my testimony and deepen my conversion is faith in Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Make and Keep Covenants, Strive to be worthy of and guided by The Holy Ghost, rinse and repeat. This focus has been a blessing in my life, and Elder Araujo has helped me a lot in that. 
Woo!

I`m gonna send some pictures now. Camila is doing awesome, on date to be baptized the 25th! Also, we NAILED some musical numbers as a stake choir this Sunday at Stake Conference. I also get to play in another Stake Conference with another stake choir this next week. Perks of being the only 1 of the 30,000 in these stakes who is willing to play the piano at last minute :) 

Love you! 
-Elder Hixon



 Learning Portugese. #wooo Elder Araujo


baptism 


our taxi driver

No comments:

Post a Comment