Thursday, October 27, 2016

Friends First


Annnddddd...

I`m still here in Los Olmos. Training. My companion and I were able to read a few talks about what a consecrated missionary is, and what the blessings are from being such missionaries, and talked about the things we need to change to be better. It`s not all perfect, we both still are learning a lot, BUT a lot of positive changes have been made and we are moving forward. So that`s good! 

This week was good, we were able to find new people and start the process of teaching all the lessons again. We found 2 new investigators and a family of Less Actives....it amazes me how the first 6 months in Los Olmos, I pretty much knocked doors all day every day, and these last 3 months I have been straight teaching for a majority of the time....and when we DO go out to contact, we just find more people who want to learn more about our message. People from the same houses that I had contacted several times before. The Lord`s timing is real, and if we have enough faith to keep trying, to keep knocking the spiritual doors that remain closed, The Lord will at some point have them opened, in the opportune time for our progression. The key is the faith to keep knocking!  

One of them in a familia menos activa whose names are Tamara, Jorge, and Vicente. A super special family, I could feel that they are going to progress really really quickly if they choose to. It`s weird being in the position where I am right now, knowing that I will only see the beginning of the progression of a lot of the people we find over the next few weeks. If it is that I leave next change, and I am pretty sure I will.

We were able to dedicate a house last night that had a bad spirit in it. That was a new experience! This week my companion also had the idea to walk around with hot dog sausages to make friends with the meaner dogs in the sector, which has had it`s fruits! If the dog looks intimidating, we throw him a part of a sausage and make friends. I`ve always done that with the more ghetto guys at night and drunks, but never thought about trying the same with dogs! Make friends before they can consider you an enemy...I`m sure there`s a leadership attribute to be considered there. 

Well, a good week! Ready to keep working. 


Love you!

Elder Hixon










No comments:

Post a Comment