Another week in Los Olmos, another week in Chile, another semana in español, what more could I ask for? I think Joseph B Wirthland's "Come What May and Love It" talk is applicable this change, it`s been pretty wild. We had a training meeting yesterday and when President saw me he just gave me a big hug and told me that he was proud of me and grateful for what I was doing. It felt good to hear that, knowing that someone else understands the situation. In the weirdest way, I might miss this transfer. I don't want any more time, but I'll miss this somehow.
Been thinking a lot about Faith this week, what it is and how we can manifest our Faith to our Heavenly Father. We had a training from Elder Bednar 2 weeks ago (I think? maybe last week, who knows), and he talked a lot about Faith. He explained that in the prayer Joseph Smith offered in that Sacred Spring in the Sacred Grove of 1820, Joseph did not only ask which church was true, but in which church he should join. He asked with a desire and intention to act. And by this type of Faith, he received light (understatement). Elder Bednar then gave an example of a common prayer heard in the Church many times, one that we all offer. One like this:
Heavenly Father, we are thankful for this Sabbath Day... We`re thankful for the Sacrament Meeting we have had, and all the blessings we have received.... We ask that Thou wouldst bless all those who aren`t here that they can come next week.....In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
He kind of made a joke and explained how this would be an example of a faithless prayer. To ask God to magically make it possible for people to make it to Church the next week, acknowledge that God can do it and then expect Him to then do it for us. He then gave an example of perhaps a more faith-filled prayer, which has changed my prayers in the past 2 weeks. He said:
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this Sabbath Day...We are grateful for this Sacrament Meeting that we have had, and for all the blessings that we have received....Heavenly Father, we recognize that many of our brothers and sisters were unable to attend today, and for this we are worried. But Heavenly Father, we aren`t going to ask you to make it possible that they come, instead, we are going to all go visit one person that wasn`t here today after this prayer. I recognize that I don`t have the keys to give this assignment, that the Bishop has those keys, and so if he stops me right now then I take back this commitment. ·pause· Yep, the Bishop didn`t stop me, so we`re all gonna do it. We will visit, find out what we can do to help bring them to church next week, and the only thing we ask is that you make sure that we don`t all go to the same house. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Okay I'm outta time, but that`s the idea, I have noticed a difference in the way I act and try to manifest my Faith, and I have seen miracles these past couple days as a result. I am grateful for any prayers of faith that have been sent my way, and hope that all goes well in your week this week!
Okay bye! Love you!
-Elder Hixon


No comments:
Post a Comment