Time. Is. Flying.
That first sentence seems grammatically incorrect. Hermana Volpi, if you are reading this, I realized what you were saying today! Realized it as I walked out the door, you were saying BLOGspot! Gotcha. Sweet!
Oh and Happy Birthday Grandpa Stephen Hixon!!
Well that´s a weird way to start a letter. I´m in a good mood. This week has been a lot of fun. Today I had the opportunity to attend the Santiago Temple again. Man I missed the Temple! No matter where I am in the world, the temple and the Spirit found therein is always the same. Following the temple we went over to Popeyes for lunch (another American delectable I found in the CCM, man. With the temple and Popeyes, I don´t know what more the Santiago East Mission could ever ask for). After that we met up with Elder Kelsch and his comp, and my comp and the 2 of them bought another Fardo of Ties. Yep I chose not to waste money, the mission really changes people! Basically Elder Fowles, Kelsch, and I can see each other whenever we want haha. It´s wild. But fun.
All is well down here. I seriously love my ward, we´re STILL finding people who are awesome. It´s so fun here. Every person we teach is my favorite, they are all such amazing people. Trying to pick a favorite investigator is like trying to pick a best friend, they´re all so different but are all so amazing. A really weird desire that I am developing out here is to talk a lot more slow and a lot more clear. I'm finding that approach to have more power, and as I consciously struggle to do it, I feel that the words I speak come across as more sincere and hopefully are more humble.
We´ve had a wild week in terms of teaching and people we´ve found, and by wild, I mean wild. Like, miraculously wild. In this area, about 15 years ago, there was a Stake President who went inactive due to various things going on in his life, really I don´t know what they were. But whatever the case, about a year ago the missionaries started trying to pass by him, and even President Cook tried a few times to talk to him and get him to come back to church. But the man did not want to come back, and so he didn´t. This Sunday, Elder Thomas and I were walking to a cita and we saw him standing in the street, I had no idea who he was but Elder Thomas did. We went over and talked to him, and set up an appointment to come back the next night. So Monday night we went by, and he was there! We then had one of the most spiritual lessons I think I´ve had in my mission, about being rescued by Christ and the love He really has for all of us.
This man, named José, told us that in November he really started to have the desire to go back to church and change back to who he used to be. He told his wife that all he wanted for the Christmas Season was for the missionaries to pass by again, to receive another opportunity to talk about the Gospel and begin to fill his life with The Spirit. End of the story, he committed to coming to church on Sunday so we´ll see where that goes. The Lord is always working in us, always working in those around us, so it is imperative that we always extend our hand to everyone, no matter how many times they have said no or refused the love we offer. Yeah, rejection is hard, but we can never know when people like José are praying for one more chance, one more attempt to change. And when the act of love is accepted, it makes any rejection sweeter in a way, because the price paid to help somebody is recognized and appreciated.
That´s all, love everyone! Always!
LOVE,
Elder Hixon
see what I did there? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment