Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Onward Ever Onward!

 

 ALO!

Wow. Maybe things will change, seeing that I haven`t even completed a month in the field yet, but time is flying. Every week is just so fast. I can´t believe it´s already Wednesday, almost Thursday! Is it already December?

Spanish is hard. Everyday I take one step forward in some direction, but I see how much longer the path is and how much farther away my destination is. The more I walk the more I realize how far I still have to go... making every step kind of a step of humility, because I now know moving forward means learning how much more there is to learn. So I think that to choose to step forward is to choose to be more humble. Just a thought.

Had the chance to talk with Elder Kelsch and Elder Fowles on the phone this week! This year my birthday falls on P-Day, so we made plans to all get lunch and head over to a park called Rio Clario on that day. Super stoked.


The members of the church here are incredible. There´s a kid named Nacho, who´s 17 years old, and comes out with us all the time. He`s a convert of about 2 years, and is the only member of the church in his family. He reminds me a lot of Wyatt Harris. His personality, sense of humor, everything. It`s wild. They even look kind of similar...minus darker skin and black hair haha. Wild. They´re both studs. But it´s pretty dang fun. He comes out with us from 4 to midnight, just working with us and contributing in our lessons. We invited an investigator named Millaray to baptism this week and she accepted the invitation! Her Mom, Paula, is a less active that my trainer and his old comp were working with, but they found Paula through Millaray. While knocking doors one day, Millaray opened and they introduced themselves as missionaries and all that jazz, and then they set up an appointment to swing by later that week. When they came back, Paula answered the door, and laughed in their faces when they said that Millaray said they could come back. "My daughter would´t say that, trust me."

Then Millaray came to the door, and to her mom´s surprise, let the missionaries in! And thus began the process of reactivating Paula, and this week we committed Millaray to baptism! And yepyep, we invited her to be baptized by Nachoooooo! Super awesome. They`re both excited. Millaray`s dad sits in and participates in every lesson, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is going to desire to enter into the covenant of baptism very shortly. Every time we come over he has food and drinks prepared for us, is very good to us, and is very supportive of Millaray`s decision to be baptized. December 26th is the date, mark it in on your calenders! Feliz Navidad! That week will be one for the books. We have a goal to take a temple trip with them before Christmas so that they can see the Christmas lights at the Santiago Temple. (our mission is so small that we can leave our mission on P Days. Haha.)

Well, in maybe 2 months more there will be another active, LDS family living in Santiago. As I picture in my mind this family entering into the temple to be sealed for time and eternity, and all the others around the world that are doing the same, I can hear a Missionary Choir singing in unison the words Called to serve Him, Heavenly King of Glory. Chosen er to witness for His Name! Far and wide we tell The Father`s Story, far and wise His Love proclaim.

What a blessing it is to participate in this glorious Gospel. It is making more and more sense why God`s Glory is simply "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of Man". In this moment, it sure is my glory too.

Thank you for any prayers that have been sent my way or to the people of Chile. You better believe this field is being harvested! 

Onward, ever onward!

-Elder Hixon


THANKSGIVING BREAKFAST. That`s pretty much the extent of Dia de Gracias here. 


 

Lots of Graffiti here!

No comments:

Post a Comment