Wait there. This week was special. We had 9 MEMBERS at church this week.
Elder and Sister Morgan in the Mission Presidency flew down from Beograd, as well as Elder and Sister Westwood here as usual, and us 4 elders, aaaaaand......
We had our baptism!!!! It was incredible!! The water in the river was freezing, but we did it! This week was just incredible. Here's all the stories leading to it:
On Wednesday we went to Beograd for a conference. That was a bittersweet thing. Sweet to see so many old friends, including missionaries I haven't seen in a while, as well as Zoe, Johan, Cecilija, Viktorija, Milica, Andrej and David. The former 5 came to the church, while Andrej and David somehow made their way out of town to the airport to see me off that night. Man I love them all so much. I'm so blessed to have been around them all for so long. I have a big little family here and that'll make coming back often all the sweeter.
Then this weekend we geared up and got wet.
The service was beautiful, and Sunday he received the Holy Ghost. He stood and bore his testimony after the sacrament, and gave, and I say this with no hesitation, the most sincere testimony I have ever heard in my entire life. He thanked us all for everything that had gotten him to where he is, and simply testified of the Spirit he had come to feel. He committed to help build "our church" in any way he can. He then asked us for our prayers on his behalf, and began to tear up as he told us how much he just wants to find the right path and that he's at a crossroads, and that he needs our prayers. He testified that he believes this church is true, that it has brought him peace and happiness, and that he'll do whatever it takes. He thanked us, testified of the Savior and the Book of Mormon, then closed and sat down. Then, for the first time I've ever seen, the entire congregation bore testimony (all 9 of us ;) ).
And to top it off, when it was all finished, Srdjan kept his promise he had just given in testimony. By his faith and obedience which has blown Elder Wilson and I away, he asked us "who do I pay my tithing to?" Then he went over to Elder Westwood, filled out a slip and paid his 10%.
Nothing has brought me greater joy, clarity and vision than serving the Lord and being His witness, even when weeks and weeks of hate come our way (especially this one) and opposition rises. I am grateful that the Lord has seen fit to bless me to see all these miracles, and grateful on the other hand to learn how to suffer for His sake.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Congrats on the baptism. I love you, you are awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow inspiring for us all. What wonder memories you are creating for not only
ReplyDeleteyou but for your whole family. We love you Jake and know how much Heavenly Father loves
you to trust you and your companion to open a new area. Miss you big guy! Grandpa
loves hearing me read to him your reports.