(Jake told us on Mother's Day about these 'sweet' and 'comfiest' pants ever that he found.)
This week was was a little mundane, even though we worked at Red Cross, had some laughs and saved the world.
We started teaching a friend of ours from our old Red Cross crew named Jelisaveta. I'll get more on her next week. We also committed a man named Miodrag to be baptized. He's been an investigator for a looong time. We picked him up, beat through all the barriers and he is on for the 14th of June. We will see!!
The Lord blessed us as we worked harder than I've worked in a long time. And the way he blessed us? With more strength to keep working. It was a small blessing, but I found through all the normal, daily work I had strength to keep a smile on and make it good fun even when everzthing around us was dim.
We had a pretty good Leadership Council in Zagreb this week, too. It was good to see the Rowe's again. We have a Zone Conference this week and then one more Leadership Council with them, in addition to interviews and District Conference for Serbia. And then that's it. I don't know how I was favored to know the Rowe's, but they truly are family to me. I love them with all of my heart, and I will be forever in their debt for what they've taught me and given me.
And so we go. We should meet up with Kaća this week, and we'll find more people to teach and progress those who we are teaching.
Oh! And Elder Wade is here! Weird, eh? He called me from Rijeka last Monday, and I saw him in Zagreb! It was too much fun to see him again. If he comes to Beograd this week I'll get a picture and it'll be the Gilbert Boys running Beograd once more!!
Well, this one's been unexciting, but know that we are hard at work and happy.
Chew on this one, the verb in Serbian:
Prineti- to bring, draw closer or nearer to,
OR
to make or offer a sacrifice.
Love and miss you all!! Join us in Europe with the month of invitations by inviting somebody you love to come and see why we love what we live and believe! Bring them to church!
-Elder Hixon
No comments:
Post a Comment