Monday, April 21, 2014

Quick Week

This week was quick, if you didn't get that from the subject line. We've still been stuck in a dry spell as far as success goes, though I guess that depends on what success is....

BUT. I will briefly share one quick miracle. Last Tuesday after English, I asked one of our students who plays the piano very well if she could accompany us in church on Sunday as we sang "There is a Green Hill Far Away." Now I know what you're thinking, but no, this wasn't just so I didn't have to accompany. But it worked. She said yes, and she came to church after practicing. The song moved her to tears and she kept saying how beautiful it was. She stayed the whole church and said she will play for us whenever....so looks like we just found a new branch pianist..... ;) We're going to start teaching her the lessons tomorrow, and probably 2 other english students who just love us to death. We've put a lot of time and energy into the classes and the FHE activity after Thursday night class. Creativity and drive to INVITE and DO, my friends! That's all it takes, that and obedience to our Father's will. Not to mention that 2 of our sister members sat by her through all of church and talked with her and shared their testimonies with her and really just formed a bond. #membersarepowerful


That's it for this week! Love you all, really I do. I pray for you always, and I am happy to be where I am. The struggle is worth it. Happy Easter, and let's all just go have a killer week and talk Monday about how happy, successful, and exhausted we all are.

Love,
Elder Hixon

P.S. if I can, I'll send the few pictures I have from this week. OH! And I pulled a Gideon and lost EVERYTHING. All my pics and videos. And the whole flash drive that held them too. 

1 comment: