Monday, June 17, 2013

THIS mission was made for me

So, this week has been wild, and it gets more wild this coming week.
First, today isn't P Day. I'm short on email time, (no surprises) but then we are out hitting the pavement again. We have a Zone Conference on Thursday and then the Serbian and Bosnian Zones on Friday are going to a Bosnian ethnic village for a Zone activity, which will be our P Day. But we email today. That Village we're going to may not be Lake Bled in Slovenia or the nuts waterfalls in Croatia whose names escape me (the Slovenia and Croatia Zones get the goods), but its an ethnic village in Bosnia. I'm stoked, you're stoked, we're all stoked.

So, that's that.

WE MOVED THIS MORNING. You heard me. We got out of our dump of an apartment, and our new one is way nice. It's right by the Sava, and it's on the 14th floor of the building, so we can see everything. It's got a ton of space, a sanitary bathroom, and it's in the PERFECT location. I'm talking a giant family park, infinity buildings, 3 legit groceries nearby, other cool features that none of you will appreciate...but it's real nice. Our landlord is cool, she does that artwork stuff that's like the pictures and texturized walls that come out at you, like 3D? It's sweet, and I will have to take pictures once we're all settled, but for now, I will forward Mom pictures of the apartment that Sister Goodsell sent me. It's sweet!

So, I'll be jumbled and all over the place, bear with me.

Last Monday, we had a way cool experience. Elder Wade and I went out to go find a family who Elder Marks and Despain had taught twice before, but hadn't been able to get a hold of. We walked out to their place, and they weren't home. Lame. We were on the trek home, and I remembered our boy Dalibor all of the sudden. Elder Marks had met him my first night trakting, and he was way cool. We met him after being rejected in 3 10+ story buildings in a elevator leaving the last one. He took a Book of Mormon, and was way interested in meeting with us. He was way busy, however, and we were never able to meet with him. One day his phone stopped working, which is usually a sign that they aren't in the country. Elder Marks and I searched for him in that building maybe a month and a half ago, and the first door we knocked was this very nice, mid 20's girl who knew Dalibor and confirmed he was out of the country on work or something like that. She was maybe the nicest stranger I've met in Serbia. We thanked her, and for some reason left it at that.

So, Monday, I call Dalibor. Phone still off. I was ticked! I felt like I had been prompted, his name hadn't crossed my mind in over a month. I thought a bit, and figured we should keep looking for him. So Elder Wade and I went back into the building. I had no idea where he lived, but I remembered that girl's door. So we started with her. Her boyfriend answered the door, and then she also came to the door. They told us Dalibor had moved, and we weren't sure where they told us to, but not in Belgrade. The thought "what kind of prompting..." started to cross my mind, when the two invited us in.

2 new investigators, my friends. And perhaps the nicest I've ever met, and they are very interested. Their names are Marko and Tamara, and we meet with them again tonight. I learned a valuable lesson about following promptings. And when I'm not sure about the prompting, I ask myself, "does it invite me to do something good?" If yes, then we go. We were on an exchange this week, and I was clear out in the south end of Belgrade with Elder Marcek. I have some cool stories, but no time for them all. REMIND ME to tell you about some of them when I get home :)

But, we saw a girl running to catch a bus, and it could've easily waited, but it took off. I felt the impression to go talk to her, Elder Marcek and I discussed it for a second, and went. She appreciated her thanks that we were sorry she missed her bus, but told us off real good and said she wanted to hear nothing from us. No big. At least I showed the Lord we will listen to promptings, regardless of the outcome! Elder Marcek shaved my head that night. Aw YEAH it feels so good! Cause it's so hot outside, killer. And we have no AC. So....yeah, I like the cut. I'll send a picture if I have time...otherwise, next week for sure.

I've been reading "The Infinite Atonement" by Tad R. Callister. I STRONGLY recommend it, it's an incredible book. I'm learning so much every day from reading it.

Nana's baptism is likely going to have to be pushed again. This is lame!! It's all this legal work!! And Zoe isn't ready to be baptized yet, we're still working with her on her testimony, but the problem is we can hardly ever meet with both of them and have the duration of a lesson with them both present, because KIDS ARE NUTS. I love them so much but oh my goodness, I have never realized how crazy kids are. And Zoe always will take Johan out so we can have peace, and then we can't really help her learn or grow....it's very frustrating. And she's gone helping watch some friends' kids this week while they're visiting from Germany, and so we're kind of stuck right now. She wouldn't be likely able to attend the baptism if we had it Saturday, and ideally we'd have them baptized together...at the least have her there
.
So, please keep praying for them. They're as awesome as ever, and we all went out to Pancevo this week and had a family night with the Vasica's. It was good. Thank you for your prayers on their behalf already, and please keep them in them.

We have been having a lot of fun and a lot of success. I am very excited for what the next few weeks holds.

That's all folks! Til next week....
I love you all, and I miss you all.

Elder Hixon

P.S. (In another letter he sent me I loved when he said this)

Thank you for your prayers. All is well with us, things are crazy, but I'm growing so much, bit by bit, and I love being out here. Elder Wade nailed it when he said, "I didn't know how it'd be when I was expecting my call, but THIS mission was made for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment