Elder Marks and I on the roof of the church. Fresh to death?
Well, this will be a short weekly, seeing as I talked with the family on the Skype last night (which was awesome), so sorry for the rest of you, I'll get the nitty gritty out and be on my way to go be with the Bosnians!
You heard me, because of the conference today and, I get to see most of my MTC group (sorry Elder McAllister, say hey to Sister Brothersen and Flanders for me!) and that will be awesome.
Per my family's requests, I will refrain from "ish" "haha" and "freaking" and other gang signs and whatnot in pictures. It's a sacrifice, but hey, that's what missionaries do, right?
We met with Nana and his wife twice, and we have consistent meetings set up 2-3 times a week. BECAUSE, my friends, here's the quick story. We met, talked and got to know them, and finding out that Nana was raised with the church, but never baptized, and finding that he know a ton, we had to reassess our teaching plan, because we are teaching a man who knows a lot, and his wife who knows less, but hey, this is what we do! Anyways, by the end, we were getting ready to go, and I thought, "baptismal invitation? Why the heck not?" So I did, (mind you this is all in English. Don't be ashamed of me, but the poor guy doesn't speak Serbian, and I don't either, so hey! This works!) and Nana laughed and said they would think about it. Not the best answer, but not the worst! Our next visit, however, he looked at me and said, "I've been thinking about what you said, and I couldn't stop pondering over it, and over the scriptures we read. I made my decision. I will be baptized." And his wife likewise is willing to once she has learned enough to make a real, honest decision. How awesome is that?! We're looking at 4 weeks. Hot dang! I'm so stoked!!!
Talking with the family was amazing, and I miss you guys so much, but seeing you all again gave me confidence, where I thought I would leave very sad and homesick, I actually feel stronger than I did before. So, just know that I really receive visible strength from you, and it will continue.
Learning a ton, and growing the best I can. Thank you all for your prayers, continue please to send them to the people here and to the missionaries serving.
That's the news for this week, isn't it nice when it's short and sweet?
Vidimo se!
Love,
Elder Hixon
Lilija made us all a bomb dinner for Sister Burton's birthday a few weeks ago.
Jovanovic work pictures. We're legit.
Me and Lena
before the demo.
After demolition job at the Jovanovic's
No comments:
Post a Comment