Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Welcome to Zagreb


THE COOLEST PLACE OF MY LIFE!!!

Talking to you on the phone (all of you cats) made me so happy, and a little homesick hurt for probably 10 minutes, but then we were back at it!
As a start, this isn't my P-Day email, and thus it won't be very long. I basically just get to tell you I am alive. But check this out. We had fasted and prayed to find someone on the plane to help, right? So first flight we were all sitting mainly together, just how it was. But then we called home from Minnesota and heck yeah that was cool.  Then we left for our transatlantic flight (which is killing me tired wise right now haha.) But I go to my seat. HUGE black guy. I'm silently like "Oh man, why?!" But Heavenly Father put him there like we asked, so I went in for the kill. I introduced myself to him and his wife, talked about where they were headed, turns out they were going to a church conference of theirs in Africa. I was able to tell him I was going on a mission, and it kicked off. Throughout our conversation, I was able to testify of the joy that comes from reading the Book of Mormon, and promised that God would answer his prayers and questions through reading it. I gave him a copy and pass along card, and he told me he would read it. Then, as we landed in Paris, I thought he was going to forget it, but he remembered all of a sudden, turns around and grabs it from its place in the seat thingy. SO DANG COOL.

Then, we fly to Zagreb. Hot dang. So first, there has been a random gnarly European blizzard, so it's comin down over here. Snow!! Can't get away from it, right?! Well, the Mission President and his wife are beyond words awesome. Wow, I cannot EXPRESS how much I love them, and they love us. Incredible, incredible people. Snagged us right off the back from the airport and that was that! I love them. Hot dang!

So here's the thing...we don't know for sure where we are headed yet. President Rowe is finishing up interviews, he will pray about the impressions he has gotten, and then he will tell us in the morning where we are headed once we are done with a training. The sisters have various options, but as for Elder Sheridan, McAllister, and I, there's 3. One of will stay here in Zagreb, one of us will head out to Beograd, Serbia, and the third will go to a new area called Tuzala (?), Bosnia. They don't even have a branch yet! YET. But wow, it's amazing here. Like, I cannot even tell you without pictures (I'll get on that.) Europe at it's finest. Graffitti everywhere, which surprised me, but hey! Works! We went out contacting, which I was scared to death of, but it was the absolute funnest thing I have ever done. WOW! I didn't know I could speak or understand Croatian (can't really, but) but we did it! We even got a Book of Mormon to a guy and got his name, address and phone number so we could share an Easter message with him.

That's all I can say for now. When I next email ya, we shall see where I am, and all that jazz! I love it here. This is truly the greatest mission in the world. We have so much work to do, but with the Lord, what better thing to do?!

Much love,

Elder Hixon

1 comment:

  1. Elder Hixon sounds like a great missionary already! In case you haven't found this blog, there are some pictures of the arriving missionaries. My daughter arrived nine weeks ago! http://fromcarriewithlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete